Hondo's Bar

What was the last film you saw?

Batman & Robin is on the sci fi channel while I was surfing and well, I can't seem to move past it. No, I have no idea why either. Surely there's something better to watch on 115 other channels, or in my stack, literal stack of unplayed 360 games? Well, --

Oh, the Batman Visa. 'Never leave the cave without it'. Fuck me...

--ANyways, Shane & I burnt out a store's wheeliebin & I stole a buncha fuel signage from a servo, so I guess I need to be punished.

poster.jpg

Three people in Tokyo take a surreal voyage of self-discovery through memory and nightmares. "O" intends suicide while talking on a cell-phone with a stranger he meets on line who plans a simultaneous suicide. Events take a horrifying turn. Keiko Kirishima is a cool, seemingly emotionless police detective, brilliant but off-putting. She's faced with two mutilated corpses who appear to have killed themselves, but she's not sure. A cell-phone number links the deaths. She calls on Akumu Tantei, a poor and suicidal young man who has the ability to enter people's dreams. He's reluctant to help. His past haunts him. A subconscious duel of terror and blood awaits the three.

Saw 3

Much to my surprise I enjoyed it. A little less gratuitous gore and more storyline this time round. Nothing to write home about but a decent enough movie.

Sonovabitch! Shoulda woken me up, 'specially being that I'm not working again today.

• 3 weeks later...

I caught a double feature on ABC Family. Bring It On: All or Nothing and Bring It On: In It to Win It. I think it's fair to say I could have skipped actually reading Sun Tzu's The Art of War, and just watched Bring It On: In It to Win It instead and gotten a greater grasp of Sun Tzu's ideas in much less time. 6 stars out of 5.

• 3 weeks later...
Finally saw No Country For Old Men. Wow. Amazing!

It was good, but no where near as good as all the hype it got.

Anyway. last film i saw

51X5t29aiDL._SS500_.jpg

Hockey star son gets killed at gas station by gangbangers, Kevin Bacon snaps, carnage ensues, from the good people who brought you saw.

Also watched this last night

51m3DSWe4aL._SS500_.jpg

Good film, good showing from our own Gabriel Byrne, but beware his wife and mother are seriously head wrecking!