Hondo's Bar

What was the last film you saw?

• 2 months later...

Sex and the City - good god... it was amazing!!!!! <--- If you are a fan of the show that is probably your reaction. As for a non-fan such as myself, it sucked more cock than Samantha! I exaggerate, it wasn't bad or good, I was indifferent.

Here's a review from RottenTomatoes of how I felt, so it made me happy I wasn't the only one.

I felt like some sort of alien anthropologist watching this movie, as if I were being presented with the strangest and most inexplicable creatures imaginable, and was being asked, out of all reason, to understand them. I mean, sure, I go out (or stay in) drinking with female friends and we talk about sex and do lots of other things that, on the surface, appear to be the same things that Carrie Bradshaw and her posse do... and yet, I don’t see myself or the women that I know in them. Not at all. Not in the tiniest degree.

Okay I'm a bit harsh considering that I absolutely do not relate to these women in that I don't want to go to New York to find the two L's "Label and Love". I already have love, but even if I were single I don't think I'd make it a goal to find it in NY, and labels don't mean shit to me. oh yeah, How did I end up watching this movie? Well my best friend Yessie whom I refer to as "the big sister I never had" invited me... I always have fun with her regardless of what we watch. Every hour of the movie she kept asking me if I was bored and I said, "Not really", surprisingly. The movie is stereotypical and at times very cliche (oh geez, when I openly said that out loud as we were walking out of the movie theater, the girls in front of me who overheard my critique looked at me like they wanted to ripe my head open and feed it to wild dogs!). Anyway, the movie entertaining and at some points I did laugh. The movie is bearable and I did appreciate the ending for what it was... but yeah, I don't think I'd watch this movie again, two hours and a half of shoes, fashion, and the word "love and label" in between was just too much. I feel heavily critical of the movie because I try to see how these women embody feminism, but then I think to myself and what others have pointed out, that they were never supposed to be embodiment of feminism (save that they are independent and go about their lives accordingly to how they want it) rather they are women who are successful in what they do and in the end, just want somebody to love them mutually and "live happily ever after". In that sense, that's what the whole realistic part and relating to these women comes down to. Romance is subjective and these women's ideals of it are not mine, its okay for women to have those ideals I suppose... the movie is what it is, girlfriends talking about sex, similar interests (in their case shopping and shoes), their life issues, and of course love and relationships.

RAMBO

It doesn't need any explanation, just 90 mins of pure unadulterated violence!!! :FHD:

Booyah

Seconded.

I think First Blood (or Rambo) its the best though....

Wait. You saw the first one or the last one??

The other day I saw Insomnia with Al pacino for the first time. It was great. This is my favourite actor. Everything he does its excellent!

4106JY1XFSL._SS500_.jpg

how'd you like it?

It was very cool, sadly I've put off watching the rest of the series. I was watching it with a friend and we stopped hanging out. Guess I should plow through them.

In other news, Watched "Cloverfield-rifftrax" last night, and the new "rambo" this morning.

Rambo was quite the awesomeness it should've been. Its nice that both of Stallone's ending of series I've liked very much. Its nice when someone like that happens. Most of the time they out stay their welcome.

Obviously he saw the new one called "Rambo", because First Blood is not 90 minutes of unadulterated violence. First Blood is good film in it's own right.

Rambo wasn't 90 minutes of unadulterated violence either, though it did get pretty hardcore during the end but it was a very good film.

Anyhow, my last film watched: Machine Girl.

Nick, you REALLY need to see this.

Edited by Iambaytor

• 1 month later...