Hondo's Bar

Hondo's New Logo

The NZA

• 4 months later...

for the inevitable questions about the new logo on the board's main page: it was jax's idea/concept with Stillb's efforts to wrap it into a logo. and before you go begging/demanding a spot on it, know that its for longtime members with candid shots. i think he wanted a I heart Huckabees montage-type logo more than a yearbook.

either way, much love to both for their works here, i think it came out great. so great, i had to change the frontpage's logo again.

The more artistically inclined really need to work the snappy end of three guys with their pants down grabbing eachother's junk. Really.

I just got a vision of the monkey hear no see no speak no

34513monkeys.jpg

175%20Meiji.jpg

and also note, the quote was done by the lost love of my life... 'Skeeter' :)

Except me :cry: and Nanno :cry:

I feel your pain... what about the other top 20 posters :2T:

Edited by Signal08

I feel your pain... what about the other top 20 posters :2T:

...and me & Benny... :weep:^_^

Oh well...no biggie.

Ditto.

It's nice to have a logo that fits the page, though.

While its tight work, i can't believe that so many long term heavy post counts have been left out.

I mean SB, Sig, Myself, Nanno, and Aarty with combined posts of about 30k not in the montage.

^_^ I'm not saying people are fussed, i'm just saying i'm not fussed. I knew once it went up there would be a reaction similar to this about it.
Same reaction happened when the banner went up for the powder room...we're too many and you can't get everyone on there. Simple as that.

Hrm, maybe I'm going crazy, but everytime I look at the logo again--there's a new person on there.

Edited by Aartemys

Let's call a spade a crybaby here. There are indeed fussed parties. I can see, the people up there(and not to sound ostentatious but more like a sad admission but that includes me) are the influential parties. Not necessarily the longest-standing or even the greatest, but each person shown has contributed to how Hondos current 'is'. I personally can't believe Jax or Bob(and goddamn Stilly for being so modest & not including himself for that matter) aren't there, but I didn't design it, nor do I have anything better to contribute so my obvious response to any issues I have is to STFU and focus on the positives. It's easy for me and my two squares to say, but if I wasn't shown on there, I think I could live, and more importantly, live without pointing it out. If Nick were the one did this I'd call favouritism & bias, but discovering this was a Reverend StillB production I can only refer to them as possibly the most high-ranking & unbiased parties you could find(with the exception of Metalheart of course- it's a wonder the logo isn't just her face in the form of a Luna Park Archway), and the choices made must reflect some internal design plan of theirs(clearly they needed burnt white guy for two panels right there). But like Doj, I offer my spots to those who need the fucking head ruffle since clearly I don't appreciate the incredible honour having been bestowed upon me.