Hondo's Bar

The Walking Dead

The NZA

• 3 weeks later...

As far as nudie magazines go, Playboy is extremely tasteful in comparison to its peers. Also, many authors such as Stephen King, Roald Dahl, Ian Fleming, Margaret Atwood, Ray Bradbury, Jack Kerouac, Kurt Vonnegut. Many people feel like they've "made it" when they get an article, story, or such published in the magazine. Just sayin'

Eh, just DL it, ASC. It is weird Kirkman chose Playboy rather than a mag w/ a wider readership though. My guess is they offered him the right price.

So going with a smaller publication because they offer you money is selling out? So if the story had been published in USA Today, he would have been an artist with more integrity than any artist ever? As far as I'm concerned, if the content was not compromised at the publisher's behest, I don't think it can be called selling out, regardless of the paycheck, and I don't see Playboy as a publication that would send Kirkman his comic back to him with notes and big red X's asking him to change something. Despite the incredible success of the TPBs since the premiere of the show, there is still room to grow the audience of the books, and reaching out the readers whom don't likely read the books already is a good idea.

And yeah, the joke about Playboy that people say they "only read the articles" is as old as any of us, but as Baytor said, lots of great writers have written for Playboy, and in the history of the sexual liberation movement, Playboy has almost as big a role as did the birth control pill and Our Bodies, Ourselves.

• Upvote 2

oh shit. i just clicked on this thread thinking it was about the show from the main site and omigawd spoilers. lol. Also playboy? i love this place.

I did buy this though,

so i'll be catching up to you alls.

http://www.amazon.com/The-Walking-Dead-Compendium-One/dp/1607060760/ref=sr_1_sc_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1332507718&sr=8-1-spell

which has gone up by two dollars since last week when i ordered it, but it's still better than the 60.00 that Newbury Comics is charging for it!

yeah I'm hoping they come out with another ASAP, not becuase I'm lazy (ok yes i am) but becuase I know as soon as I'm done with that I'm going to want to keep going and not have to wait for them to come out with another one, and i'm not going to be able to do that so the search for individuals and smaller comp books is going to be a pain in the ass.

Yeah it's not much. She comes home, people die, she breaks into the neighbor's house and steals one of their nerdy son's sword collection (If she was smart she would've taken all 3) and sets out with her two pets. I was so disappointed I almost stopped masturbating.

re: todays issue

I was just thinking "nice place, but the guy in charge is a dick" but that got taken care of pretty quickly. So it looks like we have a bad guy now, this Negan person. Or maybe he's actually in the right. I guess we'll find out soon.

Catching up on this myself. Bought and reread books (not volumes) 1-3 and am up to

them escaping the governor after Michonne tortures the ever loving shit out of him. I don't see them putting that on in the show. ESPECIALLY the eyeball scoop.

So I think I'm right before where you're at benny. I forgot how freaking quick this book moves.

I envy axel more than Benz.

Ohhh nigga, your biggest WTF is still to come. I envy you.

Really? I thought the events in #48

Lori and baby dying

was the biggest WTF of the whole series so far. Which WTF are you talking about?

Just read #95. I'm not sure what's going on.

At first, I thought the guys running over to Gregory was staged, part of either a trap or a test. Pretend some other settlement has just declared war on this settlement and use it to either form an alliance, get supplies, or maybe just get the jump on Rick's settlement. I was so sure; this interruption was just too convenient. Then Gregory gets stabbed. That seemed to shake my hypothesis. Then Rick kills Ethan. Then I thought, maybe the stabbing was staged, like with a pouch of fake blood under Gregory's shirt, and now Rick has taken a test and made it a terrible tragedy by actually killing someone acting in the scene. But rereading it, I think I have taken this initial hunch and gone too far with it. This crown doesn't seem to be on Rick's side as he casually get up off the ground covered with the blood gushed seconds ago from Ethan's neck. Do they not think his self defense is justified, or are they just disturbed by how nonchalant he is about it?

Yeah, you're right.

While you are still not sure he will survive, that is a big moment, but frankly, pre-48, I considered Rick, Lori and Carl all safe. When Lori (and Judith) die, I thought all bets were off. Carl wasn't safe, I even thought maybe Rick would die at some point. Though I thought that would be really unlikely, but if he did die, then it would become Carl's book. I thought they would never both die. So by the time Carl was shot, I was already prepared for that. When Lori did, I wasn't.

Up to date spoilers

Hmm, five issues to #100. Looks like we're building to a war, Rick's group and new group vs "Evil" group. Hope it's not as straight forward as, big fight lose and Andrea or two. Could we lose Rick? I really think this'll happen before the series end.

Edit

I also think Jax is right WTFwise, Lori was safe...then Kablamo, nothing was the same after that.

Edited by alive she cried